Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Kristallivirta

Days are getting shorter, shadows are growing longer. It's a great time to burn candles and listen to hymns. Listening to hymns is the 2nd best thing to do since I didn't get the tickets for the fucking Nick Cave concert.

Hymns yeah, you say. But great hymns are really demon blasting. I saw Ville Leinonen playing hymns in the Viikki church. Raised up in a pentagostal family with 'lestadiolainen' influences my heart is forever tuned for slavic melancholy melodies with sad sad lyrics. Ville Leinonen played these songs, such as 'Kristallivirta'.

Kristallikirkkaan virran rantaa valkeat joukot riemuin käy. Palmuja voiton lauluin kantavat he, kyyneltä yhtään siel ei näy...

What does it says in these lyrics? It's about a beautiful land where there is no tears and only joy for the redeemed ones. What it says is secondary, the story of the song is in what it doesn't say. While listening to these tunes I saw visions of my head cut off and lying in a puddle of blood next to my headless body.

I saw my life as it had allready been lived. I had hurt all the people I loved, i had been left alone, had abused alcohol and lived in the streets. One day I had been frozen dead in a ditch. And there I was, in a beautifull land. I had finally come home.

As I listened to this song I felt no fear of death.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear our brothes and sisters in Christ
Praise the Lord.I am very happy to visit your webpage.I really appriciate you.My name is Pastor Prakash from India.Here I am doing ministry among leper and children ministry and church planting.Please we need your prayers.Here in India we have lot of appossition for Gospel.Please pray for protaction upon Gods people.


Prayer Points
1)Pray for Gods guidence
2)Pray for children ministry
3)Pray for our fellowship growth
4)Pray for new belivers spiritaul growth in our fellowship
5)Pray for financial needs to be met
6)Pray for persucation place Orissa,India 2 days back 18 pastors killed in that state and many house burnt and our beivers are in jungle with out food and water.Please pray for Gods protaction upon His people in Orissa stat.Thank you.

Thank you all.Please give our regards to all.May God bless you all.

Much Love and prayer
Pastor Prakash and Poonam

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home